1. Register of licence holders
To help members of the public and brokers ensure that they are dealing with someone who has a valid licence issued by the OACIQ, verify the field in which a broker is authorized to practice, or find out whether a broker has had his licence suspended, revoked or made subject to conditions or restrictions, the OACIQ keeps a Register of licence holders1 available for public consultation and accessible on its website.
The register enables one to verify:
- the broker’s identity and the validity of the broker’s and the agency’s licences;
- the calendar of disciplinary hearings to see if one is scheduled concerning the broker (if applicable, any disciplinary decision rendered against this broker further to a hearing can be found at citoyens.soquij.qc.ca);
- whether a broker’s licence has been suspended, revoked or made subject to conditions or restrictions, by reviewing the notices issued by the Discipline Committee or the Licence Issue and Maintenance Committee.
- the broker’s licence number and category;
- the contact information of the establishment with which the broker is associated, the name of the agency and of its executive officer, his company name or pseudonym, if applicable;
- the broker’s photo, which must be updated every 5 years;
- the list of training activities completed in the current cycle of the Mandatory Continuing Education Program;
- whether the broker’s licence is suspended, revoked or made subject to conditions or restrictions.
1Sections 1, 2, 3.1 and 63 of the Real Estate Brokerage Act concerning the field of application and the register